Sunday 30 November 2014

mod dolly winter nails part III


dress: Mod Dolly


Here is part III of my collaboration with Mod Dolly! I'm creating nail art based on their amazing Winter 2014 lookbook.

When I saw this print I instantly thought of fairy lights, and knew it would be a great take on the fairy light nail designs. I used a dotting tool to perfectly recreate the scalloped design across all the nails on a dark grey base, rather than isolating it on each nail, to create the effect of looking up at outdoor Christmas lights. I then added different colours for a festive feel, and painted imperfect snowflakes to capture the feeling of looking up at lights and the snow swirling around them.

This is my favourite design of the three I've done. I really enjoyed using the print as a loose inspiration, and it's now fully got me in the festive mood!!

Check out Mod Dolly's Winter lookbook on their Facebook page, find them on Instagram, and visit their website or ASOS Marketplace store!

4 comments:

  1. Wow – I love the pictures! Want all this stuff, too. You’re making me jealous!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♡
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going! ♡
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete