Sunday 10 April 2016

the bee's knees

dress: Coco Fennell, bag: Skinnydip London, tights: ASOS, shoes: ASOS

Ever worry that your LBD is a little too B? I do - all the time - and that's why I tend to stay away from black. Keep on reading to find out how I banish the boring from the classic wardrobe staple...






After giving in to temptation and splashing out on a Coco Fennell beaut, I was immediately worried that I wouldn't be able to inject a bit of novelty into what I thought was going to be the most grown-up, 'sensible' dress in my wardrobe. The concept of the LBD scares me, quite a lot. I always think it's simply a safe option, and, whilst I've never seen a bad one, black dresses feel too plain for me. 

I needn't have worried. The perfect cut and fit of this dress, combined with the cute bee embroidery on the collar, makes this dress my new go-to for any night out. To keep it from feeling too black, I've paired it with my monochrome tights, pom pom shoes and a trusty Skinnydip clutch.

This dress would also look amazing with matching bee nails. Unfortunately, I tried and failed to paint the embroidered design on mine (thanks to a lack of artistic ability and very short nails)!

What are your thoughts on the LBD?

1 comment: