Monday 31 August 2015

ghost clouds under the sea

coat: Lazy Oaf, white dress: Lazy Oaf, mesh dress: Somewhere Nowhere, shoes: THE WHITEPEPPER

Today I was feeling mermaidy, meshy, and cloudy, all rolled into one.

  





My motto in life is 'fashion before function', which does usually end up coming back to haunt me. This coat, however, satisfies my novelty print needs whilst also being warm, water-resistant and hooded. It's probably the most sensible item of clothing I own, even though it is a giant puffa jacket with clouds on!

I'm infatuated with Somewhere Nowhere's Boo Mesh Dress. It's a great versatile layering piece - it works well with shorts and crops, bodycons, and smock dresses. I love to wear it on nights out with some high-waisted jeans and a leather jacket, for an edgy take on a classic look.

The dress underneath is a Lazy Oaf gem I picked up earlier this summer. Although it has a summery water-themed print, I'm hoping it'll see me through winter with the addition of a lobster necklace and some woolly tights. 

Which style of winter coat are you going for this year?






3 comments:

  1. Your style is just the absolute best! Love the layering going on here, plus that cloud print jacket is to die for! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thanks as always, lovely! I'm massively into layering at the minute - it's so much fun! xx

      Delete