Sunday 23 November 2014

mod dolly winter nails part II



co-ord and blouse: Mod Dolly

Here is part II of my collaboration with Mod Dolly! I'm creating nail art based on their amazing Winter 2014 lookbook.

These nails were inspired by both their tartan co-ord and the Paige Woodland Animal Blouse. I chose to pair the two designs, as I thought they would look really festive together! Tartan is one of my favourite nail designs, and I tried to match the fabric as closely as I could. My light has made the colours look really vibrant, but in real life they are a lot closer to the colour of the co-ord!

How cute is the print on the blouse?! I picked my favourite animal from the print - obviously the squirrel - and used it as an accent nail. The square shape of my nails meant that the squirrel ended up with a square jaw, but I still think he looks cute! I used dabbing motions with my small brush to create a fur effect.

Check out Mod Dolly's Winter lookbook on their Facebook page, find them on Instagram, and visit their website or ASOS Marketplace store!


P.S -  I have to apologise for my dry skin around my nails. I recently discovered acetone at work and my nails have taken a beating with it! I'm now lathering on cuticle cream to get them back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment