Sunday 21 April 2013

what i wore today: le smoking






dress: American Apparel, shoes: New Look

Last night I went to a wedding party. One of my best friends is getting married in America in four weeks' time, but had a party over here for all the people who can't make the flight over. I am really excited that I am not only going to both parties, but I am also going to be a bridesmaid! 
This is what I wore to the party last night. I wanted to dress up, without being too dressy, as the dress code was smart casual. This dress from American Apparel immediately caught my eye. It has a great novelty print (sunglasses, faces and cigarettes), and has beautiful back detail whilst having a classic shape at the front. I'm considering changing the buttons so they stand out a little more. I have an American Apparel voucher burning a hole in my purse, and I'm thinking of getting one of the seersucker stripe ones as well! The Mary Janes that I'm wearing here are from New Look. They are as high as my Jeffrey Campbell's, but have a hefty wedge on the front so I can half-walk in them. I love heels, but I feel too tall in them, and have tendonitis in my feet which make heels really painful for me. I managed to wear them all evening though!

What statement summer dresses are you planning on wearing this year?

1 comment: