Wednesday 27 August 2014

autumnal tartan

polishes used: Barry M Gelly in Mustard and Cardamom
The new Barry M Gelly polishes were released today, and maaaan, they are so so good! I honestly don't think I've ever been more excited about a polish collection! I picked them up at my local Superdrug on a 3 for 2, and chose Mustard, Cardamom (the lovely green in the picture above), and Chilli, a unique light maroony-red kind of colour. The standout in the collection for me was Mustard. I think I own over a hundred polishes now, and I don't have a colour that even resembles it in my collection. I'm in love!!
As I'm over summer now (and impatiently waiting for autumn to swing by), I thought I would do some classic tartan nail art, but make the nails unique by using the mustard colour as a base. I did this all freehand and so I'm obviously kicking myself for the wonky lines. I love the colour combinations, however, and I can't wait to try out a manicure using Chilli!

Have you tried the new Barry M Gelly colours yet?

4 comments:

  1. I love the mustard shade! Its so unusual. These look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mustard is so amazing! You should definitely pick it up for your collection. I was worried about the colour next to my skin, but it suited me really well! It's definitely my new favourite!

      Thank you! I wasn't sure if they were a bit too much, but I did love the colour combinations!

      Delete
  2. Love the nail art!!! I haven't tried the new collection, but must say mustard looks like it could me my fav! :)
    You did an amazing job with the tartan pattern! Can you spare some patience?! :)))
    Diana @ http://diasway.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The trick with patience is to have no social life whatsoever - then you will find you have all the time/patience in the world!!

      I LOVE this new collection. I've been urging people to go out and buy it, and managed to convince my mum yesterday! Mustard is definitely the best in the collection but all the other colours are still lovely :)

      Delete