Sunday 12 January 2014

2014

Happy New Year everybody! I hope you all had a great festive season!

I wanted to share my New Year goal with you. I hate resolutions. I've never made any, and I hardly know anyone who keeps them either. To make myself more productive and proactive in my spare time this year, I decided to set myself a goal instead. I've been knitting for around 18 years now, but have never ever followed a pattern, or learnt more than knit one, purl one. My goal this year is to knit a cabled jumper. Scary!!! I love knitting, but there are only so many scarves you can make, right?! My first step is to knit myself an iPad cover (for when I need to carry it around in my bag) using a stitch I've never done before.




This is the basketweave stitch. It requires you to concentrate and count, but is a great one for beginners as you have to knit and purl in blocks. You can get used to counting stitches easily with this, but make something that looks pretty complicated! I can't wait to see the finished product!

What are your goals for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment