Thursday 19 December 2013

what i wore today: bridesmaid

jumper: eBay, belt: vintage, skirt: Topshop, shoes: Topshop




I'd been lusting over the jewel-coloured taffeta midi skirts for aaaages, but I thought they were almost unwearable during the day. However, after seeing this navy one in Topshop (I am an absolute sucker for navy) I took the plunge and bought it, deciding that I would worry about when I would wear it when it was too late to return. However, when I looked at my wardrobe, there are a surprising amount of ways you can style it. My favourite is keeping it casual - graphic jumpers such as this Bartman one create a preppy look with an edge The jumper also looks great untucked if you want your outfit to be more slouchy. I also love it with crop tops, whether they are fitted or oversized. For a ladylike outfit, try a long-sleeved leotard or buttoned up shirt.
Unfortunately, it was ridiculously windy when I wore this, so you can't see the skirt properly. I can't wait to wear this when the weather gets warmer with bare legs and no leather jacket over the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment